The 1.1.3 firmware has been leaked. It should be released to the public soon. There are many new features that many people wish would have been there from the start. Also most of the new features were already developed by companies not affiliated with Apple. Below you will find a list of the features, and screenshots (Provided by Gearlive).
New Features for iPhone/iPod Touch:
1. Edit Home Screen – This feature allows you to rearrange your icons. Touch and hold any icon until it starts to wiggle, then drag icons to desired locations. Drag an icon to the far right to create additional Home Screens. Press the Home button when done.
2. Drag Mail App – Screenshot of the Mail App being dragged.
3. Calculator – Screenshot of Calculator App being moved.
4. New Safari Tabs Style – Gives you an option to add your Safari tab to the home screen, bookmark, or e-mail the url of the webpage.
5. Add icons to Home Screen – You can add icons or Favicons of websites to your home screen now.
6. New interface for Maps – Just a re-design of the old menu.
7. New Maps View – There’s now a new style of viewing maps. Awesome!
8. GPS Locator – Google Maps application can now pinpoint your location using cell tower triangulation
9. Multiple Text Messages – FINALLY!!! You can send multiple SMS messages.