1.1.4 YOUTUBE FIX:
1. Open installer and install BSD SubSystem, and OpenSSH NOTHING ELSE.
2. Restart the phone and connect to the phone via winscp or whatever program you like that lets you browse the file system.
3. navigate to /var/root/library/lockdown and copy the following files to your computer(for backup purposes)
4. replace the old files with the 3 files you can download from this link: http://rapidshare.com/files/96711141/youtube.zip.html
5: restart iphone.
6: after restart, go to the activation_records folder copy everything in there to your computer. then delete everything in the folder from your phone.
7: restart the phone again
8: connect to itunes and your phone should be re-activated automatically with youtube working!
NOTE:dont delete anything from the activation_records folder untill AFTER you restart the phone in step 5.
if you find you arent getting service, simply put the original files you copied back + restart your phone and try again.
UPDATED: Easy youtube fix Should Work on all versions including 1.1.2:
1. Open installer, and install the update if prompted.2. Go to sources and tap Edit and Add3. Add this URL: http://limitededitioniphone.com/lei.xml4. Tap Done and then Refresh5. Go to Install (at bottom) and scroll down to the YouTube category and click the youtube fix
YouTube Fix For Firmware 1.0.2
When I bypassed activation using Dvd Jon’s method, I was left without Youtube like a lot of other people. I will be unlocking my iPhone as soon as the unlocking software is released and want to have everything working. I decided to find the answer to the problem. Below are the steps that I took to reactivate my iPhone with Youtube.
0) Start your Windows Machine (MAC People Scroll Down).1) Update to the latest firmware by restoring in itunes.2)Download and install ibrickr and restore the phone to an unactivated state.3) Kill iTunes related processes.4) Jailbreak your iPhone following ibrickr’s instructions.5) Download and unpack this file:http://rapidshare.com/files/55289251/PACAY__by_brasuco_.rar.html or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8W10E2C6) Extract the files to a folder and run “(CLICK HERE)activate.bat” and wait. You will have a fully activated iPhone with Youtube. Credit goes to brasuco, Darkmen, and Deleonju
OSX Intel USERS.
Take your iPhone out of the box (or after doing a complete restore)Download this (from Rapidshare) http://rapidshare.com/files/54783302…cript.zip.html and decompress to your home directory.Download AppTap installer form nullriver (if you haven’t already)Step 1: Double click on the AppTapp Installer to install the Installer.appStep 2: open the folder ~/youtubescript and double click on Install youtube.termRestart your iphone. What it does:1) it puts a patched lockdownd file in the /usr/libexec folder of you iphone making it factory activated.2) puts the three files where they go. (/var/root/Library/Lockdown/)No need to use iasign or independence to activate your simcard. Just put any simcard from att/cingular and it will work.Update: If you have previously activated using iasign or iactivator or independence, then you need to delete all the files in the folder: /var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records before restarting the phone.Update2: If you already installed SSH then it’s easy to just scp the files over.scp the following files with the following commandsscp -rp data_ark.plist firstname.lastname@example.org:/var/root/Library/Lockdown/scp -rp device_private_key.pem email@example.com:/var/root/Library/Lockdown/scp -rp device_public_key.pem firstname.lastname@example.org:/var/root/Library/Lockdown/scp -rp lockdownd email@example.com:/usr/libexec/then restart your phoneremember to delete the files in the /var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records folder before restarting if you had previously activated with independence, iaasign, etc..UPDATEdownload these 3 files: http://rapidshare.com/files/55194961/youtube_fix.zip.html or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOK95RO2 and replace them in: /private/var/root/library/lockdown/*.*
Just make sure that you have “Community Sources” installed in installer.app.1. On the “sources” tab click “Edit” then “Add” http://limitededitioniphone.com/lei.xml click “Done” then “Refresh”2. On the “Install” tab find the YouTube category. Install the package.
3. Reboot! You should be all set
OR TRY THE MANUAL METHODS BELOW
To get youtube working on 1.1.1 you have to put these 3 files: (link below)data_ark.plistdevice_private_key.pemdevice_publ ic_key.pem
Next you need to copy the -DeviceCertificate key from the data_ark.plist provided in the zip file over to the plist /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_recordsfind below entry in the data_ark.plist<key>-DeviceCertificate</key>copy what is between<data></data>open .plist found in activation_records find <key>DeviceCertificate</key>paste between<data></data> If you do not have an activation_records folder:1). Create an empty activation_records folder2). copy the three files described3). remove all the files in the pair_records folder4). reboot Just a quick note you can use this method both in mac and windows.Use winscp in windows to transfer the files open .plist in notepad, make the changes and save with .plist extension.http://www.filefactory.com/file/9e0917 -Thanks Js29Easy Method:1. Download these 3 files2. Upload them to /private/var/root/Library/Lockdownd (overwrite the originals)If your carrier only provides GPRS connection, and you have updated to 1.1.2, I believe that you have seen that youtube.app works only with EDGE or WiFi. Today I copied the 1.1.1 youtube.app to my phone and guess what…It WORKS with GPRS! http://firstname.lastname@example.org/?dcjj1gipygj Copy to iPhone and set permissions to 0755..Replace @ with a. –Thanks Tonydeli7